Saturday, January 23, 2010

In Loving Memory


Late last night or early this morning I awoke with a start. I got up and went and got a glass of water, as I was drinking my water my eye glanced at the calendar and then at the time. The time was 12:04 am and the day January 23, 2010. My mind immediately became aware that it was 10 years ago today at 12:09 am that my dear mother Pauline passed away. It seems like yesterday, yet at the same time it seems like a lifetime ago. The years have healed the outside wound. I don't cry outwardly as often as I use to, but inwardly I miss her deeply and wish I could tell her this or that. Her courage and example of how she faced life with a smile has given me courage so many time when I face challenges in my life. And so ten years later I reflect...
Thank you Mom. I love you!!


Mom had a fun sense of humor. We always seemed to have fun together.

Mom and I just before she passed away.

Mom as a young Bride


Mom and I, when I was a teenager.



Mom and I, the day I was born.

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine losing my mother! Your mom was a beautiful woman and I have no doubt she's cheering for you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how amazing your mom was. I am certain you are the amazing person you are today because of your mom. All our love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post touched me so much Juliann...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete