Friday, May 27, 2016

Every Day Moments


Mother's day was special.  I love being the mother to my precious little princess Clarissa.  She is the joy of my life.  I can't imagine life without her.


We were given tickets to Hogle Zoo over Mother's Day weekend.  We had planned to go Saturday afternoon.   David was in Salt Lake at a class.  Clarissa and I went to Salt Lake to meet him and were waiting in the car to pick him up when it started to rain.  It looked like it was going to rain all afternoon.  I told Clarissa that if it rained we probably wouldn't be able to go to the zoo.  She started to cry.  She then said, "I'll pray and then it won't rain."  She then prayed that it would stop raining so we could go to the zoo.    David  came out of the class and it was still raining.  I didn't really want to go to the zoo in the rain but we decided to head towards the zoo hoping that maybe it would clear up.  It seemed the closer we got to the zoo the more the sun came out and the clouds dispersed.  It was remarkable that the clouds parted and the rain stopped by the time we arrived at the zoo.  We were able to go to the zoo.  We had a great time all because of a little girl's faith.  
 The lion exhibit was amazing.  The lion's growl is really quite frightening.  I would hate to be in the wild and hear that noise.





 For family home evening on Monday, David planned a lesson on the Tree of Life from the Book of Mormon.  (1 Nephi  8)  He tied a rope from the trampoline to the tree.  The trampoline represented the great and spacious building because it had no foundation.  The rope was the Rod of Iron.  The tree he put a picture of Christ in it.  It was a fun way for Clarissa to learn about the Iron Rod and the Tree of Life.



Our ward had a bike parade for the kids.  Clarissa loved it.  She literally was the last one riding her bike around and around the church.  

 Clarissa is already making her Christmas wish list.  I think Santa maybe in trouble this year.  It is a little over the budget.
 Clarissa loves to have parties.  This is her tea party she had for David and I.  It was quite the feast she prepared for us.


Fun Moments
  I think Clarissa won!


1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest!! Clarissa has SOmuch personality! You guys are such awesome parents. Nice job on the FHE lesson. I love the Mother's Day pic!

    ReplyDelete