Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Best Dressed


Recently our Stake had an adult dance with an 80's theme. A few days before the dance, we were talking with David's family and asked them if anyone had some 80's clothes. Adam, David's brother in law said, "Ya I have some pink parachute pants". The day of the "big dance" arrived and I did not know what I was going to wear. I went to my closet. All I could do was laugh as I reminisced about actually wearing some of the clothes that now I was going to wear as a costume. I peg legged my pants, hair sprayed my hair to make me look like I had wings, put on bright blue eye shadow and I was ready for the dance. David put on his bright pink pants and a Sesames Street neon yellow shirt and we were off to the dance. I was hoping we would not be noticed too much as I don't like to be the center of attention. Well that did not happen. We walked into the gym and the crowd was in the middle of learning a line dance. A friend in the ward noticed us and yelled out..."HEY STOP! EVERYBODY!! LOOK AT BROTHER MCMILLAN!". or something like that. Well the music stopped right in the middle of the song and all eyes were on us!!! It was like it all happened in slow motion. It was very embarrassing. Everyone started chanting "McMillan's, McMillan's" So we ran into the middle of the dance floor and David did some sort of break dancing move and I tried to act... well not totally humiliated. Later in the dance David and I received the "Best Dressed" award. We won a 80's wig. FUN TIMES!!!

3 comments:

  1. That's funny. Boy coulda been doing his Chillin' McMillan moves! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just peed my pants a little! That's HYSTERICAL! You guys look awesome. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete